The Urban Design Code is detailed architectural and urban regulations and requirements. It aims at achieving harmony and integration in the urban form in terms of the shape of the building and its relationship with its surroundings.
The Urban Design Code aims to impart a distinctive local identity through the implementation of the principles of “Salmani Architecture”, in addition, it will also contribute to raising the level of development to align with the Sports Boulevard. The Code will also support with achieving the following:
- Providing diverse and new housing development styles that contributes to the strengthening of the housing sector
- Encouraging development aligned with standards that contribute to achieving sustainability and energy savings
By printing and filling out the form on this link , and submit it to Riyadh Municipality.
This was mainly done to reset specific urban regulations and requirements aimed at integrating the area surrounding the Sports Boulevard project
All requirements and regulations that pertain to the Urban Design Code are available in the Urban Code page featured on the official website of the Sports Boulevard project.
You can apply through the Riyadh Municipality. SBF will also provide guidance for the implementation of the Urban Code through the Design Studio Service.
It imparts a distinctive local identity in accordance with the artistic concepts of the Salmani Principles. It will also regulate the urban character of the project and the real estate and other features that surround it.
The Urban Design Code covers the lands specified in the digital map of building regulations and land use.
The Code is concerned with all areas depicted on the map of various uses.
Yes, those who are subject to the Urban Design Code can book an appointment to visit the Design Studio to obtain any type of assistance.
It is done as per the Riyadh Municipality procedures
Existing buildings are not subject to the regulations or requirements of the Urban Design Code. However, in the event of new developments within the Code, or any new requests related to refurbishment or modification, they shall be subject to the requirements of the Urban Design Code.
Some of the projected positive outcomes include:
- Improving the quality of the architectural and urban design. This boosts efficiency and strengthens the overall economic prospects of the city, to bolster its investment potential.
- Reenergizing the housing sector by providing fresh and diversified design options and development typologies.
- Revamping pedestrian networks within local neighborhoods.
- Advancing urban sustainable lifestyles and energy conservation.